Neck pain is a prevalent issue in today’s tech-driven world. From scrolling through social media posts to playing VR to getting less physical activity due to streaming and working remotely, the neck is paying the price.
Our necks comprise the cervical spine and numerous connective soft tissues, including muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves. Because of the relationship between these structures, when one is compromised or injured, the others can become affected, too.
Most of us rely on a functioning neck daily, so getting treatment at the first signs of discomfort is important so further damage and increasing pain can be minimized. Chiropractors have the skill, knowledge, and solutions to end neck pain by treating the injury causing it.
This post discusses:
- Symptoms of neck pain
- Why we get neck pain
- Chiropractic care to treat neck pain and injuries
- Benefits of chiropractic care
- And more
If you want a safe, natural, effective way to end neck pain, this article will tell you all about it.
Why Does My Neck Hurt?
Neck pain comes in many forms ranging from dull to intense. Even minor discomfort can make slight movements difficult.
We use our healthy necks numerous times a day without notice; however, when in pain, everything from loading the dishwasher to driving the car to sitting at a desk to working out tends to get our attention.
Symptoms of neck pain include:
- Throbbing, aching, sharp, and intense pain
- Loss of range of motion
- Loss of flexibility
- Mental stress
- Loss of focus
- Difficulty sleeping
Many aspects of life become affected when these symptoms occur, so learning what’s happening to the neck to cause the dysfunction is essential to determining the right treatment plan.
So, what happens to the neck to make it hurt?
- Improper posture
- Poor workstation setup
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Improper movement patterns
- Poor lifting technique
- Consistent handheld device use
- Overuse of the neck’s spine or soft tissues
- Traumatic injury, such as a car accident
These habits and lifestyles can lead to acute or chronic injuries to the neck.
Common injuries that lead to neck pain:
- Disc herniation
- Strains and sprains
- Pinched nerve
While some events that lead to neck injury are unavoidable, with the correct chiropractic guidance, you can learn how to better support your neck and spine, reducing the likelihood of further pain and re-injury.
Chiropractic Solutions to End Neck Pain
Chiropractors provide safe, non-invasive methods that treat the musculoskeletal system (soft tissues and joints) and the spine. After a comprehensive body assessment, your chiropractor will discover what’s causing the neck discomfort.
This is a vital step in a successful recovery, as treating the injury stops the symptoms, but treating the symptoms doesn’t stop the injury. Chiropractors don’t rely on pain medication, surgery, or other more aggressive options. Chiropractic treatments give the body the boost it needs to heal itself naturally.
Common chiropractic services for neck pain include:
- Chiropractic adjustment- providing a quick, controlled, highly targeted thrust to an affected joint to align and balance the body, re-establishing proper function and reducing neck pain
- Active Release Techniques (ART)- combining manual pressure on affected areas as the patient moves, these therapies nurture safe movement patterns, flexibility, and balance
- Graston Technique- using industry-designed instruments over affected soft tissues helps find, define, and restore injured areas
- Dry needling- placing thin needles over targeted muscle groups promotes healthy circulation and healing
- Massage therapy- massage and manipulation of the neck’s soft tissues can reduce the stress that we often carry in the neck and shoulders and nurtures comfort as imbalances are managed
- And others
In most cases, a chiropractor will create a wellness strategy that encompasses several chiropractic methods, as well as lifestyle and exercise guidance, for optimal results.
Visit Our Tampa Chiropractic Clinic to End Neck Pain
Getting help from a medical professional is the most responsible step when in pain. Injuries may sort themselves out independently, but more serious situations can arise when they don't.
Our chiropractic team has seen firsthand how chiropractic solutions and insight heal neck pain and injuries, offering numerous other benefits.
Common benefits of chiropractic solutions for neck pain include:
- Improved posture
- Improved comfort
- Improved movement patterns, flexibility, and range of motion
- Enhanced strength
- Improved joint health
- Improved sleep quality
- Reduced mental stress and anxiety
If these benefits sound good to you, let’s connect. Contact our Tampa chiropractic clinic or book your appointment today and let’s get your neck strong, healthy, and fully supporting you.